Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear Summer.....please don't leave!

On Tuesday, Joshua will go back to school and start first grade.
I am excited for him to find out who his teacher will be and who will be in his class.
I am excited for him to learn new things and grow in new ways.
I am excited for him to see his friends again and to make new friends.

I am a little bit sad for me.

This summer has been wonderful. I have loved our slow mornings, our laid back days and our relaxing times. I have loved the things we have done with out going far or spending a lot of money. I have loved that it has been a lot of time together. I feel like it has been a summer full of simple joys....just what I needed.

I was a bit worried about what it would be like to have Joshua home for the summer. I was afraid that he would be bored with just us, or worse, that I would go crazy because he was so bored. :)
I didn't want to be the mom who, with a huge sigh of relief, pushed her kids out the door on the first day of school after a long summer. I wanted to enjoy our moments together and be grateful for them. I wanted to miss him at the end of the summer!
I definitely got what I wanted this summer! :)







I have loved that this summer was as just great as I had hoped for.
Except now I feel like I am sending him off for the first time all over again. :)
I know it is good for my kids to go to school, and I have loved the experience we have had thus far with the Elementary School and particularly with his kindergarten teacher.
I know that while he is not home he is in good and capable hands.
And I do really enjoy the one on one time I get with Grace, at least for one more year.
But Grace and I sure get lonely when he isn't around!! We just have too much fun being together!

Looking forward to next summer already!

No comments:

Post a Comment