Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hannah's Baby Blessing

With so many of our friends and family in town for Joshua's baptism, we decided to go a head and have Hannah's baby blessing the same weekend. Hannah was blessed during Sacrament Meeting at church on Sunday, December 9th. It was wonderful to have so many family and friends there for this very special day for our family. She was given a beautiful blessing by Bryan, a blessing that confirmed to me what I already knew: this little girl we have waited so long for is very special!  I am so grateful I get to be her mom, that I get to love her and teach her.  What a wonderful blessing!  I have to admit that I am grateful for the time spent waiting and longing for this sweet girl.  As painful as the last three years often were, I have a different outlook on being a mother than I would have without the last three years.  Being a mom is what I was meant to be, I feel that more deeply than I even did before, and I certainly cherish the experience more than I did in the past.  That thought makes me feel a bit guilty, but then I realized that I really wouldn't have known how to cherish theses moments so fully had I not wanted them so badly.  The waiting has truly been a blessing to me, and I think to our whole family.  I'm almost certain we couldn't love a baby more!


At Grace's request, Hannah wore the same white dress that Grace wore when she was blessed.  At first I thought I wanted each girl to have their own dress, but I am glad Grace wanted Hannah to wear her dress, especially since I made it. The plaid baby blanket below was mine when I was a baby, and I have pictures of me on my blessing day with the same blanket.  Kind of special. :)

We love our Baby Girl!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a sweetheart. I am glad that we were able to be there for that special day, even though I had to be out in the hall with a noisy Lily during the actual blessing. We love you guys and are so grateful you were able to finally have another baby. How sweet that Grace wanted her to wear her dress. ♥

    ReplyDelete